Hi, this is Lawrence D. “Larry” Stevenson. I began helping people find scholarships in 1994. Our team worked with 1,000s of students to help them earn $4,000 to $360,000 from scholarships.
It’s been a while since I wrote to this blog. I’m going to start adding to it more frequently. This blog will introduce you to the five steps to Scholarship Success.
- Find 60 to 155 scholarships that are perfect for you.
- Can you prove that you deserve the scholarships. (This is the power option). We’re going to help you prepare 36 statements to convince the scholarship committees you deserve the money.
- Solicit four to get five letters of recommendation that you can reuse over and over in your presentations.
- Prepare five to six reusable essays. That saves time, that you modify immediately.
- You apply for two to three scholarships each week in about 60 to 90 minutes.
Each blog in this series will cover one of the keys. You’ll learn how to
- Find the scholarships using three sources: scholarship lists, scholarship search engines, and single sources.
- You’ll be able to prepare those 36 statements that will say things like, “As chairman of our high school sub for Santa Committee, I supervise 26 students. We raised $12,000 and provided Christmas to 255 disadvantaged families.”
- You will solicit four to five letters of recommendation from people who can recognize what you’ve done and speak specifically of your accomplishments.
- You’ll write reusable essays and we’ll teach you how to take essays you’ve already written and turned them into essays that people want to use and will reward in scholarships.
- Finally, with all of those reusable materials, you’ll start completing two to three applications each week and it’ll take you about 60 to 90 minutes to do all three each week.
We hope you enjoy the series and we ask that you leave us comments, especially as the money starts rolling in. We hope you enjoy it. Thank you.